+8
Completed

IOS App Sync Problems

Ben D 2 years ago in Mobile / Apple / iOS • updated by Sarah Tanner 8 months ago 13 2 duplicates

The app should sync in the background and stay current. Right now there is the need to re-sync core date frequently. Makes it difficult to stay up to date if the app is not accurately reflecting the current status of the workspaces.

Answers

Answer
Thanks

Thanks Luis for the update.

Version 7.0 fixed the problem, then unfortunately we had a regression in 7.1. We released 7.2 several weeks ago and that should have correct the issue. Please let us know if it is still affecting you and we'll make sure to investigate.

Thanks!

Ben

Answer
Completed

We are excited to announce the new Redbooth iOS app has launched! Thanks to the feedback from our dedicated users, the latest version of Redbooth iOS is focused on completing the work that’s relevant to you, wherever you use Redbooth. The new app was released as an update to the existing app and is supported on devices running iOS 10.

With the increased stability and improved design you can be sure you're content is up to date! Now, simply pull to refresh on any screen to receive the ensure you're viewing current Redbooth content.

We have more updates and improvements coming to the app in the coming weeks. Check out the Help Center to learn more.

PINNED
Started

Thanks for your feedback and interest in fixing this issue in our iOS app.

Next month we will be releasing an entirely new iOS app. Stay tuned!

BAD, I'M UNSATISFIED

The new APP makes mobile access to other areas of Redbooth impossible. The only thing I can see if my tasks. Although it is nice to be able to see my tasks so easily, removing chat and ability to see everything else greatly reduces the effectiveness of the app and being able to be fully immersed in Redbooth

Satisfaction mark by Ben D 8 months ago

Duplicates 2

Started

Thanks for your feedback!

We're actively working to improve sync across the iOS app. Both in terms of reliability and speed. We've made a lot of progress, but still have improvements to make. In a subsequent release you'll see a syncing indicator that will help indicate when a sync process is in progress as these can sometimes take a while, particularly for larger workspaces.

Stay tuned for more updates and thanks again for your feedback,

Ben

Thanks for your feedback. We think this is a bug and we'll fix it in an upcoming release.

I have the same problem. It used to happen in the previous version, but when I updated to 7.0 the sync started to work properly. Now it happens again.

Answer
Thanks

Thanks Luis for the update.

Version 7.0 fixed the problem, then unfortunately we had a regression in 7.1. We released 7.2 several weeks ago and that should have correct the issue. Please let us know if it is still affecting you and we'll make sure to investigate.

Thanks!

Ben

Gathering feedback

Hi Oskar,

First, I'm sorry that the iOS apps haven't been working well for you. We use the apps ourselves and are keenly aware of some of the same pain points you've pointed out.

The reason that some of the prior comments were marked "complete" is because from a strictly technical perspective, the sync problems have been resolved. Our 7.0 release fixed substantial sync issues that had been present in the 6.0 version.

That being said - we have a significant speed issue: namely, even though the app appears to be connected, the sync can take an extended period (up to 30 seconds if a workspace is very large), this happens in the background and the user is not alerted that it is taking place, and thus it can often appear that the app isn't syncing at all. It is highly likely, that if you leave a screen open for a longer period, it will eventually update with all your current data.

Obviously this is not an ideal experience and you have our full commitment that we are looking at multiple ways to improve it.

Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve the problem.

Best,

Ben

I do not expect the sync to be so slow, because when I choose Settings > Re-sync core data now, the update only takes 4 seconds. I confirm the app is not syncing when opening the task view or dragging the task view to bottom.

You should not mark this as completed, this is not fixed at all. Refreshing the data is still a pain in the ass in the Redbooth app.

Ben, there are no such versions 7.1 and 7.2 available in the app store. Are you referring to versions 7.0.1 and 7.0.2?

Version 7.0.2 still has broken refresh.

I'm asking myself if you're still adding support to the iOS app! Last update was in april...

Agreed. The refreshing of data is still not happening smoothly and frequent requires going into setting to refresh the whole instance.

Furthermore there are many issues in regards to receiving notifications. This may be related.

how about giving us the option to sync automatically or manually???

Planned

Hi everyone,

I apologize for all the back and forth on this thread. You're feedback is absolutely correct and sync has unfortunately become very slow again. It's a poor experience and we really feel your pain here. We are actively rebuilding the app, entirely in SWIFT and will have the sync problem fixed in the next 2 months. We are working on it now, but it won't be out immediately (hence the "planned" label).

Again, apologies for the regression and thank you for your continued patience while we work to fix this problem once and for all!

Best,

Ben

PINNED
Started

Thanks for your feedback and interest in fixing this issue in our iOS app.

Next month we will be releasing an entirely new iOS app. Stay tuned!

Answer
Completed

We are excited to announce the new Redbooth iOS app has launched! Thanks to the feedback from our dedicated users, the latest version of Redbooth iOS is focused on completing the work that’s relevant to you, wherever you use Redbooth. The new app was released as an update to the existing app and is supported on devices running iOS 10.

With the increased stability and improved design you can be sure you're content is up to date! Now, simply pull to refresh on any screen to receive the ensure you're viewing current Redbooth content.

We have more updates and improvements coming to the app in the coming weeks. Check out the Help Center to learn more.

Commenting disabled