+13
Gathering feedback

Create a Task List Template from an existing Task List

AllyB 2 years ago in Feature Requests / Task List Templates • updated by Heather 12 months ago 5

I would like to have the ability to instantly create a Task List Template from an existing Task List.

At the moment, I have to copy and paste one task at a time in to the Template. This suggested feature would allow users to refine their Task List and once satisfied that it is fit for purpose and likely to be used again, be used to create a Template.

For example, I have recently been working on a 'Training Design and Delivery' Task List which has approximately 50 subtasks. Now that I have refined the Task List and am happy to use this as a Template going forward, I would like to have a 'one click' option to create a Template rather than having to copy and paste 50 subtasks.

Answer

Answer
Gathering feedback

Hello everyone!

Did you know that we recently added the ability to copy any task, task list or workspace? This would help you if what you need is just to copy the description and subtasks from every task. Here there's an article explaining how to copy any element in Redbooth: https://redbooth.com/help/tutorials/copy-reuse-workflows/

I would love to hear your feedback! Thanks! 😀

was just about to add this. It seems like a no brainer for functionality purposes. You always realize that this would be a good template after you already have a task list in play. Please add this!

Great idea! Also, enable the Tasks to be moved from one Task List template to another Task List template while setting the TL template up in the "Manage my Org" set-up.

This would be very helpful for efficiently creating template task lists. It currently takes a lot more time that it should due to the fact you have to REcreate everything

Answer
Gathering feedback

Hello everyone!

Did you know that we recently added the ability to copy any task, task list or workspace? This would help you if what you need is just to copy the description and subtasks from every task. Here there's an article explaining how to copy any element in Redbooth: https://redbooth.com/help/tutorials/copy-reuse-workflows/

I would love to hear your feedback! Thanks! 😀

I like this additional functionality. There is one piece still missing that I'd like to see -- the ability to save a tasklist as a tasklist template. Right now you can copy the entire tasklist to another workspace, but not save it to your templates. Thanks!