+14
Completed

iOS Workspace View: Option to Collapse and Expand Master Task List for navigation.

Nixaccount 7 months ago in Mobile / Apple / iOS • updated by Ryan Crosbie 2 weeks ago 5

Current Workspace view in iOS provides for Main Master Task List with all the listed Primary Tasks. However, if a user happens to have 5 or 6 Master Task Lists and each list has 10 to 15 Primary Tasks on each list, the only option is to scroll A LOT to get all the way to the bottom. The feature to simply Expand or Contract/Collapse the Master Task List would make it much easier to navigate from within Workspaces.

Answer

Answer
Completed

Hi everyone,

Thanks for voting on this feature.  Today we launched a task rollup, which allows you to easy expand and collapse task list in the workspace view of iOS.  Please update to 8.13.0 to see this in action.

Cheers!

Ryan

I agree - the app needs further development. Its not an improvement from the original at all.

Just make it function the same way as the web based version!

Although I'm frustrated with the rollout and functionality I am at least optimistic that it would seem to be a priority for them today. I hope they continue to provide an update/release with advanced functionality mirroring the website/desktop options on a bi-weekly basis. Since the path we are on is piece mail, then it would seem best to drop updates on a rapid schedule as new features are integrated. It was a shock to our current 25 to 30 users the way things unfolded. It damaged our workflow and productivity for sure. That being said, I'll let go of the past and I'm looking forward to the near term future. I can't imagine I'm alone on the use of iOS or Android. If I am, that would be good to know for sure. If I'm in the minority in the need for a highly functional mobility solution and my perspective is outside the primary scope of RB plan, then I would want to know that so I can begin investigating alternative solutions. It is a no fault situation, just a divergence in primary use functionality. I will give the RB team props on one thing, they are incredibly responsive which is extremely valuable. Sadly, I have 100 to 200 possible users to roll this solution out to but we have been in a holding pattern for 12 months until I have confidence in the consistency.

Gathering feedback

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas with us. We're aware that current navigation through tasks can be slow if you have to go along many tasks. We're considering different approaches to improve this experience.

Thanks.

Thank you for your consideration.  I look forward to future iOS app updates.

Answer
Completed

Hi everyone,

Thanks for voting on this feature.  Today we launched a task rollup, which allows you to easy expand and collapse task list in the workspace view of iOS.  Please update to 8.13.0 to see this in action.

Cheers!

Ryan